Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Is there a way to stop the escape key from closing chat windows?

Hey all. Yahoo's window/interface behavior downright baffles me violating so many rules (the use of space is terrible) but there's one thing that bugs the crap outta me:





Why is it that when I open a menu with the alt key and the menu pops down, the escape key closes my window instead of dismissing the menu?





I come from a background of Macintosh's and Mac OS X so I often accidentally press ALT + S or ALT + C/P trying to copy something in Windows. The Escape Key dismisses menus that appear in most apps and the ALT + KEY combo invokes them.





So why does the Escape key close my active Window?





It's driving me insane. I keep booting myself from conferences with my family and friends (which is all I really use Yahoo for).

Is there a way to stop the escape key from closing chat windows?
How unfortunate. Well I know this really doesn't answer your question but if yahoo messenger is annoying the heck out of you, why not try trillian? http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/





It can do yahoo messenger stuff as well and the interface might be more to your liking.


No comments:

Post a Comment