Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Graduated as Chemical Engineer - but for the last 5years I was in IT - can I get back to engineering ?

Five years ago I graduated with top class CGPA as a Chemical Engineer. Then due to twist and turn of my fated destiny , I end up programming hardware software interfacing applications - I always had passion for programming ( Assembly language and C ) - once even attempted to hack campus UNIX server.





Due to some catastrophe - things did not turn out well for my company thus it migrated - now I am jobless , I cant get any IT jobs since I don't have any paper qualification in IT - But I have a B.Eng which I got 5 years a go.





I want to turn my profession back to Engineering career - is this possible because there is a five years gap after graduating. ( I have no working experience in chemical engineer ) - kindly can anyone knowledgeable in this mater advice me on how can I get back to my career.





My Chemical engineering degree , I got it with Honor's and distinctions as a deans list merit. I also have no working experience in that field in my life.

Graduated as Chemical Engineer - but for the last 5years I was in IT - can I get back to engineering ?
First investigate if there have been any radical new developments in chemical engineering to determine whether your knowledge is sufficiently current. If there has been, you might consider taking some courses to catch up. You may even consider getting a masters degree in the field. However, if this is not feasible or is unnecessary, there is nothing wrong with sending your resume to appropriate companies. You may have to start at a level of a new graduate. Your resume should show your work experience, although it should probably not dwell heavily on too much detail of the past five years. Having a responsible position for the past years is in your favor.
Reply:hi check this link its useful








http://workathomedataentrysites.blogspot...





.


No comments:

Post a Comment