Sunday, July 12, 2009

Upgraded Athelon 4200 processor 64-bit does not interface with any current digital cameras???

I have an Olympus Camedia C series digital camera, which interfaced fine with my old processor.


Recently I had the motherboard upgraded with a new Athelon 4200 processor.


Now the computer does not recognize the camera as a peripheral hardware item.


I called Olympus customer support and could not believe my ears! They told me that the 4200 processor won't interface with any Olympus (or any other brand of) digital camera because the camera manufacturer's have not made any cameras that "go with" the 4200 processor technology, and that it would be 1 to 2 years before the camera manufacturers came out with new cameras that would interface with this new processor.


It seems surreal to me that this could be true.


Can anyone out there verify it? Or dispute it with good reason %26amp; recommendation?

Upgraded Athelon 4200 processor 64-bit does not interface with any current digital cameras???
That is a problem...64 bit is fairly new and not a lot of things are compatible yet...be patient...sorry


No comments:

Post a Comment